Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior Civil/Structural Engineer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Richmond, VA.
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Senior Civil/Structural Engineers are responsible for performing civil and/or structural engineering duties as stand-alone projects; or as incidental to projects including process, HVAC, mechanical and machine-related engineering and design.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Develop bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Perform technical studies and calculations
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Allocate tasks to Civil/Structural Designers
- Maintain budget and schedule
- BSCE, BSCET, OR ASCET
- 10+ years of heavy industrial experience
- Experience with equipment foundations/supports, piping supports, process buildings, and access platforms
- Retrofit experience
- Knowledge of relevant risk management issues (contractual terms, technical feasibility, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OSHA, API-620, API-650, NFPA 13, IBC, AISC, ACI-318, ACI-530, AISI, and ASCE-7 codes
- Experience in various types of steel and concrete construction methodologies
- Experience in conventional and deep foundation systems
- Experience in preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications
- Working knowledge of static and dynamic load applications
- Understanding of the structural considerations associated with demolition of both structures and equipment
- Working knowledge of alternative materials and construction methodologies as may be necessary to facilitate clients’ needs
- Working knowledge of earth pressures and their effect on design
- Working knowledge of considerations of other trades as related to efficiently designed structural systems
- Working knowledge of machining and fabrication practices and methods
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to maintenance & constructability considerations in all design applications
- Experience in project estimating
- Proven technical and business writing skills
- Proven project management skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, various CAD software packages, various structural and civil software packages
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
- Must be results oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Current working knowledge of RISA 3D
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
- Virginia PE License OR NCEES Record
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
For immediate consideration please forward a copy of your resume in response to this job posting.