Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurially spirited Senior Civil/Structural Engineer. The company’s entrepreneurial culture is key to its success and sets Progressive Design apart from the competition. Accordingly, we are seeking team members that embrace this culture.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Richmond, Virginia.
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering companies in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design supports manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, detailed project/construction estimates, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design and capital projects. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Civil/Structural Engineers are responsible for performing civil and/or structural engineering duties as stand-alone projects; or as incidental to multi-disciplined projects.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Develop study reports, bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, specifications, work instructions, design concepts, scope change documents, correspondence, and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Perform structural analysis and calculations
- Perform technical studies
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Allocate tasks to Civil/Structural Designers
- Maintain scope, schedule and budget
- BSCE or BSCET
- 6+ years of heavy industrial experience
- Experience with equipment foundations/supports, piping supports, process buildings, and access platforms
- Retrofit experience
- Knowledge of relevant risk management issues (contractual terms, technical feasibility, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OSHA, API-620, API-650, NFPA 13, IBC, AISC, ACI-318, ACI-530, AISI, and ASCE-7 codes
- Experience in various types of steel and concrete construction methodologies
- Experience in conventional and deep foundation systems
- Experience in preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications
- Working knowledge of static and dynamic load applications
- Understanding of the structural considerations associated with demolition of both structures and equipment
- Working knowledge of alternative materials and construction methodologies as may be necessary to facilitate clients’ needs
- Working knowledge of earth pressures and their effect on design
- Working knowledge of considerations of other trades as related to efficiently designed structural systems
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to maintenance & constructability considerations in all design applications
- Experience in project estimating
- Proven technical and business writing skills
- Proven project management skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, various CAD software packages, various structural and civil software packages
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
- Must be results oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
- Must be US citizen
- Current working knowledge of Revit
- Current working knowledge of RISA 3D
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
- Virginia PE License OR NCEES Record
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.