Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Civil/Structural Designer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Richmond, VA.
- Responsible for the design, verification and modification to manufacturing facility Civil/Structural drawings.
- The ability to collect design information and verify tie-ins, function, and clearances.
- The capability to standardize industrial plant facility documentation.
- Structural Steel design is a plus.
- Responsible for checking incoming vendor documentation.
- Responsible for inputting vendor documentation into facility database per required CAD standards.
- Assist facility personnel with requests for researching, plotting and creation of new drawings as needed.
- Five (5) or more years of Civil/Structural Design experience.
- Five (5) or more years of current and advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD 2015 utilizing multiple Xrefs.
- Current and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, design, and drafting skills.
- Ability to travel and easily move about an industrial facility.
- Ability to read, understand, and review engineering drawings.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with engineers and contractors to provide design solutions.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.