Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Construction Manager for a full-time/direct-hire opportunity. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
Construction Managers are responsible for coordinating and managing all construction-related activities.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Travel on a regional basis to client’s locations in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina (and potentially other areas along the East Coast when needed).
- Responsible for ensuring contractors embrace Progressive Design, Inc. and Client core values.
- Act as primary client contact for all project-field activities.
- Lead the construction team through the duration of construction, testing and commissioning of projects.
- Work with the Project Team and hold responsibility to safeguard the overall project schedule and budget.
- Monitor contractors for safe working practices to ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations.
- Conduct site meetings, dealing with Contractor(s) work progress, schedule reviews, and construction coordination.
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with safety first, design, budget and schedule, accounting requirements, and quality standards.
- Communicate with appropriate stakeholders involved in projects to ensure mutual understanding of requirements, resources, progress and barriers.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, scheduling, and performance.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience with heavy industrial construction projects.
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge of MS Project, Primavera or similar scheduling software and scheduling protocols.
- Cryogenic, hydrogen, syngas, and/or air separation experience is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong organizing, planning, prioritization and time management skills.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with Company Match, Time-and-a-Half Paid Overtime, and Tuition Reimbursement.