Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Electrical Designer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Richmond, VA.
- Responsible for the design, verification and modification to manufacturing facility electrical drawings (power distribution, panel layouts, controls, and equipment electrical schematics).
- PLC/DCS Electrical Design is a plus.
- Responsible for checking incoming vendor documentation.
- Responsible for inputting vendor documentation into facility database per required CAD standards.
- Assist facility personnel with requests for researching, plotting and creation of new drawings as needed.
- Five (5) or more years of Electrical Design experience.
- Current working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) with the ability to locate solutions to code questions.
- Ability to identify field devices (proximity switches, photo eyes, solenoid valves, etc.) for the purpose of producing schematics.
- Advanced and current working knowledge of AutoCAD 2015 or higher utilizing multiple Xrefs.
- Advanced and current working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, design and drafting skills.
- Ability to travel and easily move about an industrial facility.
- Ability to read, understand, and review engineering drawings.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with engineers and contractors to provide design solutions.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Overtime, Performance Based Bonus, and Tuition Reimbursement.