Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi- discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Process/Mechanical Group is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior Process Engineer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement. This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Midlothian, VA – (Richmond, VA area).
- Act as the Face of the organization through effective communication to the Client
- Develop written Scopes of Work as final deliverables detailing the process requirements
- Compile detailed project estimates by task and hours spent
- Manage Scope, Schedule, and Budget effectively
- Manage the entire design process from inception to completion. This includes: Leading Projects, Work Planning, Leading Designers, Design Reviews (both internal and with client), and checking deliverables (calculations, drawings, technical reports)
- Maintain familiarity with various industrial codes such as ASME and API
- Sizing and specifying of typical process equipment including, pumps, heat exchangers, pipes, distillation towers, absorption columns, ductwork, etc.
- Review equipment submittals for accuracy and validate against specifications
- Develop and/or verify Mass and Energy balances around new or existing system
- Prepare PFD and P&IDs for new processes or redline existing drawings for new functionality
- Perform Safety Relief Device calculations as per ASME/API code
- Visit customer sites for field work
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of Heavy Industrial Experience in a Design or Process Engineering role.
- Must have experience in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, or Bio-processing Industries
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a Multidiscipline Engineering Consulting Firm
- Process Safety experience (PHAs, HAZOPs, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Inherently Safer Design, Documentation to support process safety, etc.)
- Current working knowledge of Safety Relief Device sizing and system design procedures
- Current working knowledge of Chemical Engineering principles with an emphasis on Fluid Mechanics, Mass and Heat transfer, and Thermodynamics
- Experience with Sizing and Specify Safety Relief Devices for different controlling cases.
- Working knowledge of Aspen or HYSIS
- Must be technically sound, communicate effectively, and willingness to mentor junior Engineer
- Professional Engineer designation
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Overtime, Performance Based Bonus, and Tuition Reimbursement.