Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurially spirited Senior Process Engineer/Project Manager. The company’s entrepreneurial culture is key to its success and sets Progressive Design apart from the competition. Accordingly, we are seeking team members that embrace this culture.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Richmond, Virginia.
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering companies in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design supports manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, detailed project/construction estimates, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design and capital projects. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
- Direct customer interface and coordination
- Develop detailed scopes of work
- Compile detailed project estimates (project, engineering and construction)
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget
- Manage the engineering and design process from inception to completion. This includes: leading projects, work planning, directing and overseeing designers, design reviews (both internal and with client), and checking deliverables (calculations, drawings, technical reports)
- Prepare PFDs and P&IDs
- Size and specify typical process equipment such as pumps, tanks, heat exchangers, chillers, condensers, mixers, distillation and absorption columns, etc.
- Perform calculations to size and specify process, service and utility piping systems
- Perform calculations to size and specify safety relief devices
- Review equipment submittals for accuracy and validate against specifications
- Develop and/or verify mass and energy balances
- Maintain familiarity with various industrial codes such as ASME and API
- Visit customer sites for field work
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of heavy industrial experience in a design or process engineering role.
- Must have experience in the chemical, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, or bio-processing industries
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a multidiscipline engineering consulting firm
- Process safety experience (PHAs, HAZOPs, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Inherently Safer Design, Documentation to support process safety, etc.)
- Current working knowledge of safety relief device code requirements, calculations, sizing and system design procedures
- Current working knowledge of chemical engineering principles with an emphasis on fluid mechanics, mass and heat transfer, and thermodynamics
- Working knowledge of Aspen or HYSIS
- Must be technically sound, and be willing to mentor junior engineers
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
- Must be results oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
- Must be US citizen
- Virginia Professional Engineer
Benefits: We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K, paid overtime, performance based bonus, and tuition reimbursement.