Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior Electrical Designer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Midlothian, VA – (Richmond, VA area).
Senior Electrical Designers are responsible for performing electrical design duties on assigned projects including power distribution, machine control design, and instrument and control design.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Assist project manager in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform fieldwork and technical research
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Allocate tasks to project team members
- Maintain budget and schedule
- 10+ years of heavy industrial experience
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong ability to read power and motor control circuits
- Strong working knowledge of power or instrumentation design (Conduit sizing, simple loop diagrams, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of fieldwork for locating instrumentation and/or related equipment
- Strong working knowledge of grounding instrumentation and electrical equipment
- Strong working knowledge of hazardous area designs
- Experience in Class 1/Division 1 settings
- Strong working knowledge of the NEC and other national and state codes
- Experience in project estimating
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Overtime, Performance Based Bonus, and Tuition Reimbursement.