Website Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard in Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Electrical Designer. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Midlothian, VA – (Richmond, VA area).
Electrical Designers are responsible for performing electrical design duties on assigned projects including power distribution, machine control design, and instrument and control design.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Work closely and develop working relationships with Project Managers, Engineers and Clients toward developing and executing safe, compliant, effective and cost-effective solutions.
- Understanding Company and Client standards, develop electrical power, controls and instrumentation integration concepts through final project documentation requirements.
- Develop Construction Cost Estimates.
- Create materials lists and obtain quotations for design components.
- Assist Engineers and Project Managers in developing schedules, specifications, design concepts
- Perform fieldwork and technical research.
- Understanding of field construction phases and supporting constructability reviews.
- Maintain project design files; including supplemental vendor documentation and calculation sheets.
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Project Managers toward allocating tasks within department resources.
- Maintain budget and schedule tracking on multiple concurrent assigned design activities.
- 5+ years of heavy industrial experience.
- Advanced competency and current experience with AutoCAD software.
- Bentley MicroStation design software experience is a plus.
- Strong ability to read power and motor control circuits.
- Strong experience in power, controls and/or instrumentation design (Conduit sizing, loop diagrams, signals & communications integrations, etc.).
- Strong experience in performing fieldwork for locating and identifying electrical components, instrumentation and/or related equipment.
- Strong knowledge of grounding requirements and practical applications for instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of hazardous areas; including, Class I and Class II locations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience validating NEC and related NFPA code requirements into designs.
- Experience in project construction and design-hours cost estimating.
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
Benefits: We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.