Progressive Design, Inc.
We Set the Standard for Engineering Excellence!
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Process/Mechanical Department is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical/Piping Designer. This position is located in Midlothian, VA.
Mechanical/Piping Designers are responsible for performing mechanical design duties on assigned projects including process and machine related design. In addition, they provide guidance to staff members and customers on concerns relating to mechanical and machine design issues.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Assist project manager in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Maintain budget and schedule
- Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters, such as, task assignments, technical and procedural requirements, and affirmation and/or interpretation of corporate policies and guidelines
- 10+ years of heavy industrial experience
- Process Piping Design experience
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD 2012 or later version
- Experience in design and development of rotating machinery and process equipment
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects
- Experience in piping layout design at industrial facilities
- Working knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping support, insulation, insulation jacketing, and equipment installation
- Field work experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Working knowledge in obtaining detailed field dimensions for fabrication and arrangement drawings
- Working knowledge of requirements for incorporating safety, maintainability, and operation into a design
- Experience in the layout of equipment and parts detailing
- Familiarity with fasteners and their applications
- Proven skills in Windows, Microsoft Office, Intergraph, MicroStation, and Microsoft Project
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
For immediate consideration please forward a resume to: email@example.com