Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurially spirited Mechanical/Piping Designer. The company’s entrepreneurial culture is key to its success and sets Progressive Design apart from the competition. Accordingly, we are seeking team members that embrace this culture.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Midlothian, Virginia.
Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering companies in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design supports manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, detailed project/construction estimates, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design and capital projects. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Mechanical/Piping Designers are responsible for performing design duties on assigned projects involving process, service and utility piping, supports, HVAC, equipment layout, and other mechanically related design.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Assist project manager in developing bids, proposals, estimates, scopes of work, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, correspondence, scope change submittals, and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Maintain scope, schedule and budget in assigned areas of responsibility
- Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters
- 6+ years of heavy industrial process piping design experience
- Working knowledge of incorporating safety, maintainability, constructability, and operational requirements into the design process
- Extensive knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping supports, and insulation used in various industrial applications
- Experience in equipment layout
- Working knowledge in obtaining detailed field dimensions in heavy industrial environments
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D or similar software
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD 2015 or later version
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects
- Proven skills in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
- Must be results oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
- Must be US citizen
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.