Custom Software – The Perfect Fit
What unique or specific tasks in your organization are still being done manually with spreadsheets or with some other ineffective commercial software?
In this time of continuing digital growth, Progressive Design understands that engineering projects often require our clients to have an effective means to capture and manage associated data as part of ongoing support and maintenance. Because client projects are often unique in nature, it’s rare that commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software will address all requirements.
In the photo above this engineer is working in several commercial software applications such as AutoCAD, Outlook, etc. However, he also has a custom application developed in-house for managing documents associated with the client engineering project.
Our team consists of not just software developers, but degreed engineers that have a passion for providing custom software in support of unique and specific engineering projects. In addition, we place a great deal of emphasis on involving our clients in the development process to ensure the application is built the way they have envisioned and ultimately “fits like a glove”.
Some of the custom software applications produced by Progressive Design include:
- Enterprise document management system for project-based documents, transmittal scheduling and package distribution, and much more. Also interfaces with your in-house commercial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software for sharing of data
- Maintenance tracking including description and images of equipment
- Industrial device calibration scheduling and data storage application
- Interactive application with custom views of data extracted from your commercial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application
- Recruiting application to enhance placement of top engineering talent
Our applications provide a user-friendly interface designed for multiple users and a robust back-end database such as Microsoft SQL Server. The application can be hosted on-site and managed by the client or you may wish to take advantage of Progressive Design’s hosting services and have us manage it for you.